My Etsy shop - ALL STICKERED UP

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Peace, Love and Joy

Written on July 08, 2008 posted on July 16th
These past weeks have been a bit challenging. I am trying to live my life the way God wants me to. I want to be a good person, wife, and mommy.

I am Trying to be
peaceful,
loving,
patient,
kind (the Holy Spirit is trying very hard to guide me to be kind in my life)
grateful

Another thing I am trying to implement in our lives is refraining from purchasing items we don't need. Our boys have been conditioned (by us, as parents) to want something everytime we go into a store. And its time this habit has stopped. Spending money on frivolous items needs to stop. I have been staying out of stores to avoid the temptation of buying unneeded items. It has been going pretty well. When the boys ask if they can have something, I just tell them No, we are saving our money in the bank. It has worked pretty good so far.

Yet another thing I am working on is being consistent with the discipline of our boys. It has been a little rocky of a start. They aren't really enjoying it, but are starting to accept it. I really believe that being consistent makes a HUGE difference. I think its going to take some more time, but once they can anticipate what the consequence is, they might just stop and not do the bad behavior or action.

So, needless to say, we are working on our lives, to better ourselves.

Have a blessed day,
Fran

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to this great!!! I am going to love watching you grow (and me grow right along with you)!!! God has such wonderful plans.

God Bless You and your Family!
Lisa