My Etsy shop - ALL STICKERED UP

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Show us where you live "Kitchen addition"

Photobucket

UPDATED: I decided to post a couple of updated pics of a few things I added and changed after seeing everyones beautiful kitchens.

Photobucket
After seeing Kelly's apothocary jars I ran out the next day and bought three....copy cat, I know. But they are just so beautiful. thanks for the idea Kelly

Photobucket
And this little display is in the corner of our kitchen counter.

Photobucket
Hubby painted this wall that was green a beautiful golden yellow, I LOVE it. It totally brightens up our kitchen, which is the heart of our home.

Photobucket
My friend Janine and I added these last week. they look perfect and have an uplifting message.

Photobucket
and one final pic. Ignore the black folding table, that was set up for a party we were having that evening. Thanks for looking!!!





Kelly at Kelly's Korner was hosting a Mr. Linky party yesterday, so I thought I would get on the bandwagon and post pics of our kitchen too. I love seeing pics of ppls homes. It gives me fresh decorating ideas. And I am in redecorating mode since we got back from vacation.

A few projects were going to be taking on over the next few months is re carpeting our stairs, tiling our entryway, re carpeting our boys new rooms, installing hardwood flooring in our office. Whew, that's a lot of stuff to do, thankfully my sweet hubby is handy and he'll be doing most of it.

Well here are a couple pics of our kitchen.
Photobucket
This is a pic from about two years ago, since we have painted a couple of the walls a golden yellow color.

Photobucket
and we have replaced the fridge with a side by side freezer on the bottom.

Photobucket
Here is our dining area. Love my table and chairs. the green wall is now the golden yellow and the wall with our french doors and breakfast bar is yellow too.

Photobucket
This is so true. I just picked this up at Kohls a few weeks ago.


Photobucket
I picked up these pictures at Hobby Lobby several years ago cuz I loved them so much. There are inspirational bible versus on each of the pictures. DH just recently got around to hanging them last year...lol

Check out Kelly's blog for more kitchen pics http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/

Enjoy and have a blessed week!
Fran

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Very pretty, warm, and inviting! It looks like you guys have a nice deck outside the kitchen! We have twins also, such a blessing! Thanks for sharing :)

Beth said...

What a nice kitchen! I don't know how you keep it so clean with two boys!!!! Thanks for taking a tour of my kitchen. Hope you get your baker's rack soon. LOL

Unknown said...

Hi Shelby! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Your kitchen looks great! I love the cabinet color. Thanks for sharing!

The Stain Family said...

I love your huge table and black chairs. I'm on the hunt for some chairs to match the dining table, as there were none that came with when it was given to us.

Melissa said...

Hi Shelby!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have such a lovely kitchen as well!! I love your light fixture above the sink. I found my window treatment at Boscov's. If you are really interested in trying to find it...I will look to see what company made it :) Have a great week!

aLena said...

Ur kitchen looks beautifuL and sooo cozy. I just Luv the sign you have hanging on the wall, too cute.